Sunday, August 31, 2008

New Dog Art

How did I spend my Labor Day Holiday weekend so far? Painting!Happy Bully: 26x22 Acrylic On Canvas

I spent the last few days working on a couple of paintings just for fun. #1 was a happy bully with a big pink tongue. He was super fun to paint, and BIGGER than my previous dog paintings.
Art Critic Senor Vegas barked, "it's very nice but would be even better if it featured a Shepherd".

Art Critic Senor Vegas moonlights as a Paw Model. He modeled his paws a few years ago for a digital illustration I did (see it here), and today I did a small paw painting based on that illustration.
Paw Model Vegas next to his art. Forgive me for the shadowy pic.

Painted Paws

These paintings and more will be on display for the first time ever at Johnston Public Library from September 3-30, 2008. And you should go see it because Art Critic Senor Vegas states, "It definitely looks better in person! The online photos just don't do it justice." Trust the Shepherd.

Johnston Library is located at 6700 Merle Hay Road, Johnston, Iowa 50131.

Library Hours are:
Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday - Saturday 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.

Thanks to Oliver's hu-mom and grandma for getting this set up! Very much appreciated!

No comments: